Thursday, September 20, 2012

Letting Go.

Acts 1:8
"You shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you and you will tell people about me everywhere."

          If we try to resist "letting go" and hang on to the least bit of our own power we are only killing the life of the Holy Spirit inside of us. Let go and let God. Sometimes it is hard to let go, and that fear comes from the fact we aren't prepared of what is going to happen if we actually stopped and gave everything over the the Lord. What will He ask of me? What will He expect? But once you let go a weight if lifted off your shoulders. No burden, no problems, no pain is to powerful for the Lord to release you of. He can conquer it, He will conquer it, and He has already conquered it. If you ask, He will answer. He will give you the ability to let go, not half-hearted but to surrender with arms high and heart abandoned. There is no reason to be afraid because He will be your light in the darkness. Choose to let your life collide with Jesus. Let your heart cry be, "How I love you." The Holy Spirit will fill you, just as promised. Today don't depend on yourself, but depend on Him. Letting go is hard, but holding on is pointless.  I am nothing, I have nothing, I can do nothing. With the Lord I have everything, I am everything, I can do anything.

1 comment:

  1. Adria - Your new blog is great. You asked me the other day why you didn't see as much of me. Well, I am letting go of depending on people in my life and depending on Him. No one can ever replace the King family in my life, but sometimes you gotta stand on your own two feet. I love you. Aunt Cindi.

    ReplyDelete